- Some beneficiaries choose Medicare Advantage plans instead of Medicare Part A and/or B (the “Original Medicare Plan”).
- Medicare Advantage plans are private health insurance plans that are a part of the Medicare program. Beneficiaries receive their health care services through the private plan, and Medicare pays the plan a set amount of money each month for each beneficiary’s care, regardless of whether or not the person actually uses any health care services.
- Medicare Advantage plans can charge different out of pocket costs and have different rules for how beneficiaries access services, such as if you must go to only doctors, facilities or suppliers that belong to the plan for non-emergency care.
- Because Medicare Advantage plans are private insurance plans, they come in all shapes and sizes. Out of pocket costs vary depending on the plan. Most plans offer prescription drug coverage and many offer extra benefits that are not covered under Parts A & B.
- People who have Medicare Part A & B are eligible for Medicare Advantage if they live in a region where Medicare Advantage is available. To find out if you can sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan, visit www.medicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
If you have diabetes, you are a Red Strider. Register today.
Start summer with some sizzle! Recipes for fish tacos, grilled mango, and more.
This new cookbook is packed with more than 150 mouthwatering recipes for every occasion!
Custom invitations and table cards with your honor gift.
Our new meal planning tools made just for you.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Order your Diabetes Forecast®! 12 Grilled Favorites and 35+ Travel Tips. Start Here
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Sign up for our FREE recipe club and get cookin’!
Learn more about NASCAR driver Ryan Reed and his mission!
Are you incorporating fish into your diet? Learn why you should!
Learn more about how you can better manage your diabetes.
Fairness for kids with diabetes at camp and other programs
Visit our online community today!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes