Advantages of Using an Insulin Pump
Some advantages of using an insulin pump instead of insulin injections are:
- Using an insulin pump means eliminating individual insulin injections
- Insulin pumps deliver insulin more accurately than injections
- Insulin pumps often improve A1C
- Using an insulin pump usually results in fewer large swings in your blood glucose levels
- Using an insulin pump makes delivery of bolus insulin easier
- Insulin pumps allow you to be flexible about when and what you eat
- Using an insulin pump reduces severe low blood glucose episodes
- Using an insulin pump eliminates unpredictable effects of intermediate- or long-acting insulin
- Insulin pumps allow you to exercise without having to eat large amounts of carbohydrate
Last Reviewed: August 21, 2013
Last Edited: August 21, 2013
Check out our FREE program for tips on living with type 2.
Help us raise $1 million for diabetes research and other essential programs.
New tools for meal preparation made easy!
Bee Well for Life gives fitness tips and helps Stop Diabetes!
Great recipes tap the salad bar, deli, and freezer case to get food on the table.
Learn to make delicious vegetarian dishes with this easy-to-follow cookbook.
Celebrate the holidays with Diabetes Forecast! Best deal–order today!
Food is an important part of the African American culture. See our recipes.
Stay on track with our holiday meal planning tips. Recipes everyone will enjoy!
Was your child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Order this free kit.
This personal tracking program is key to diabetes management.
Watch our Stop Diabetes PSA and share with your friends and family.
Recipes for Healthy Living, a holiday survival guide & more!
Get helpful tips for stress-free traveling with diabetes.
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!