Advantages of Using an Insulin Pump
Some advantages of using an insulin pump instead of insulin injections are:
- Using an insulin pump means eliminating individual insulin injections
- Insulin pumps deliver insulin more accurately than injections
- Insulin pumps often improve A1C
- Using an insulin pump usually results in fewer large swings in your blood glucose levels
- Using an insulin pump makes diabetes management easier – if your glucose level is high or you feel like eating, figure out how much insulin you need and push the little button on the pump
- Insulin pumps allow you to be flexible about when and what you eat
- Using an insulin pump can improve your quality of life
- Using an insulin pump reduces severe low blood glucose episodes
- Using an insulin pump eliminates unpredictable effects of intermediate- or long-acting insulin
- Insulin pumps allow you to exercise without having to eat large amounts of carbohydrate
If you have diabetes, you are a Red Strider. Register today.
Start summer with some sizzle! Recipes for fish tacos, grilled mango, and more.
This new cookbook is packed with more than 150 mouthwatering recipes for every occasion!
Custom invitations and table cards with your honor gift.
Our new meal planning tools made just for you.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Order your Diabetes Forecast®! 12 Grilled Favorites and 35+ Travel Tips. Start Here
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Sign up for our FREE recipe club and get cookin’!
Learn more about NASCAR driver Ryan Reed and his mission!
Are you incorporating fish into your diet? Learn why you should!
Learn more about how you can better manage your diabetes.
Fairness for kids with diabetes at camp and other programs
Visit our online community today!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes