Whole Wheat Noodle Kugel from Domino® Light & C&H® Light
This recipe is a high-protein side dish that can also be a lovely Sunday brunch treat. For those with high cholesterol concerns, a soft spread with plant stanol esters can be used in this recipe.
Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
This Recipe Serves 6
4 ounces whole wheat or multi-grain wide noodle-style pasta
1/4 cup soft tub margarine spread (choose a trans fat-free variety)
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Domino® Light Sugar & Stevia Blend
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup liquid egg substitute
1/2 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use cooking spray to grease a loaf pan or 2 quart casserole dish. Loaf pan can be lined with parchment, if desired.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until very firm (al dente) 4-5 minutes. Drain. Add margarine spread; mix well. Set aside.
- Puree remaining ingredients in food processor until well blended.
- Add mixture to pasta and mix well. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until custard is set. Knife inserted will still be wet, but not runny. Do not overbake. Let custard cool 10-15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Domino® Light and C&H® Light is proud to support Recipes for Healthy Living.