- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at DallasDallas, TexasIncreasing potent and specific autoreactive Treg in human T1D using a novel T cell adhesion biomarker CD44act01/01/12- 12/31/14
- University of Maryland- BaltimoreBaltimore, MarylandSteroid challenge and the prediction of post transplant diabetes mellitus01/01/08- 06/30/13
- University of Pennsylvania School of MedicinePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaEpigenetic regulation of ß-cell dysfunctionType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Penn State College of MedicineHershey, PennsylvaniaDiabetes, stroke and the blood-brain barrierType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Saint Louis UniversitySaint Louis, MissouriImmunoproteasome in pancreatic beta cells07/01/11- 06/30/14
- Salt Lake City, UtahThe effect of bariatric surgery on peripheral nerve and axonal regenerationType 2 diabetes07/01/11- 06/30/14
- University of Colorado, DenverAurora, ColoradoVascular disease, inflammation and hormones in women with type 1 diabetes01/01/10- 12/31/13
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear InfirmaryBoston, MassachusettsAdmixture mapping to discover diabetic retinopathy genes in African AmericansType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Saint Louis UniversitySt. Louis, MissouriEffect of type 2 diabetes on the erythrocyte and vascular controlType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Medical College of WisconsinMilwaukee, WisconsinMechanisms of ENaC regulation by insulin and PPARgammaType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Columbia UniversityNew York, New YorkRegulation of adult beta cell function07/01/11- 06/30/15
- Albert Einstein College of MedicineBronx, New YorkRole of WNT/Beta catenin pathway in the development of diabetic nephropathy07/01/09- 06/30/12
- University of WashingtonSeattle, WashingtonRole of cytochrome c translocation in insulin releaseType 2 diabetes01/01/13- 12/31/14
- Columbia UniversityNew York, New YorkCell-intrinsic immunopathology of type 1 diabetes in a humanized mouse model07/01/11- 06/30/15
- University of UtahSalt Lake City, UtahMechanisms whereby endogenous ceramide impairs eNOS signaling and arterial function01/01/12- 12/31/14
- University of UtahSalt Lake City, UtahProtein phosphatase 2A activation is required for lipid-induced, ceramide-mediated arterial dysfunction01/01/13- 12/31/13
- The University of Texas Medical BranchGalveston, TexasRole of hydrogen sulfide in diabetic vascular complications07/01/12- 06/30/15
- University of LouisvilleLouisville, KentuckyPromotion of diabetic ischemic angiogenesis by SDF-1betaP2G mobilizing and SDF-1beta recruiting endothelial progenitor cellsType 2 diabetes01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Auburn UniversityAuburn, AlabamaRescue of intracellularly retained human melanocortin-4 receptor mutantsType 2 diabetes01/01/12- 12/31/14
- Medical Technology and Practice Patterns InstituteBethesda, MarylandSafe use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs) among diabetic patients undergoing dialysis01/01/11- 12/31/13
- University of Illinois at ChicagoChicago, IllinoisRole of common food additive carrageenan in etiology of Type 2 diabetesType 2 diabetes01/01/12- 12/31/14
- University of VirginiaCharlottesville, VirginiaThe role of T-type calcium channels in painful diabetic neuropathy01/01/10- 12/31/12
- Mayo Clinic RochesterRochester, MinnesotaRole of Ubiquitin-Proteasome System in the Regulation of Vascular BK Channel Beta1 Subunit Expression in Type 2 Diabetes01/01/12- 12/31/14
- University of Alabama at BirminghamBirmingham, AlabamaSynergism of innate immune-derived reactive oxygen species and T cell effector responses in Type 1 diabetes07/01/12- 06/30/17
- Joslin Diabetes CenterBoston, MassachusettsRole of microRNA-455 in Brown Adipogenesis07/01/12- 06/30/15
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical CenterDallas, TexasModulation of adiposity by 27-hydroxycholesterol, the first identified endogenous SERM07/01/11- 06/30/14
- Emory University School of MedicineAtlanta, GeorgiaIntensive insulin therapy in hyperglycemic patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgeryType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- University of California, San FranciscoSan Francisco, CaliforniaMolecular Genetics of Human Obesity07/01/08- 06/30/12
- The Regents of the University of CaliforniaSan Francisco, CaliforniaMolecular genetics of human obesity07/01/12- 06/30/16
- University of Southern California, San FranciscoSan Francisco, CaliforniaMelanocortin-specific micro RNAs: identification, function and role in human obesity07/01/12- 06/30/15
- La Jolla Institute for Allergy and ImmunologyLa Jolla, CaliforniaIl-21 is a key regulator of nod t1d development07/01/09- 06/30/13
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Webb-Waring InstituteDenver, ColoradoCD40 As A Biomarker in Type 1 Diabetes01/01/08- 12/31/12
- University of FloridaGainesville, FloridaOsteoclast function in diabetesType 1 diabetes07/01/11- 06/30/16
- Northwestern UniversityChicago, IllinoisA Study to Evaluate Glycemic Control on Outcomes Following Liver Transplantation01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Thomas Jefferson UniversityPhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaCaveolin-3 as a novel therapeutic target in diabetic cardiomyocyte injuryType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Albany Medical CollegeAlbany, New YorkRole of FKBP12.6 in the enhanced Ca2+ and contractile responses in diabetic cerebral artery myocytes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterNashville, TennesseeCell signaling and nutrient flux in the liver of insulin resistant conscious mice01/01/10- 12/31/13
- University of PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaMetabolic regulation of histone acetylation in adipocytes07/01/12- 06/30/15
- Massachusetts General Hospital BiostatisticsBoston, MassachusettsThe Genetics of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome01/01/10- 12/31/13
- Children's Hospital BostonBoston, MassachusettsThe molecular basis of insulin signal transduction07/01/12- 06/30/16
- Washington University in St. LouisSaint Louis, MissouriThe use of xenin-25 to probe alpha and beta cell dysfunction in humans with type 2 diabetesType 2 diabetes01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Temple UniversityPhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaNOX4 dysfunction as the basis for both fatty liver and poor glucose handling in type 2 diabetesType 2 diabetes01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Burke-Cornell Medical Research InstituteWhite Plains, New YorkAltered axonal mRNA transport in diabetic peripheral neuropathy01/01/12- 12/31/14
- Tulane University Health Sciences CenterNew Orleans, LouisianaAcceleration of intimal hyperplasia by Diabetes induced increases in miR-221 and -22201/01/13- 12/31/15
- Dana-Farber Cancer InstituteBoston, MassachusettsThe role of HLA-DM in MHC class II linked susceptibility to type 1 diabetes07/01/12- 06/30/16
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences CenterOklahoma City, OklahomaThe role of eNOS-derived nitric oxide in the regulation of 26S proteasome functionality in diabetes01/01/12- 12/31/14
- Rush University Medical CenterChicago, IllinoismicroRNA-146 in Diabetic retinopathy07/01/12- 06/30/15
- Baylor College of MedicineHouston, TexasEstrogen receptor alpha in male brains regulates energy homeostasis01/01/11- 12/31/13
- University of VirginiaCharlottesville, VirginiaMitochondrial permeability transition and mitophagy in type 2 diabetesType 2 diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- University of Alabama at BirminghamBirmingham, AlabamaThe role of PPARdelta signaling in diabetic cardiomyopathy07/01/12- 06/30/15
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva UniversityBronx, New YorkCDK8 functions and regulation in diabetes07/01/11- 06/30/14
- University of Maryland BaltimoreBaltimore, MarylandAberrant DNA methylation in maternal diabetes-induced neural tube defects01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Baylor College of MedicineHouston, TexasMechanisms underlying circadian control of beta-cell function07/01/12- 06/30/15
- Wayne State UniversityDetroit, MichiganRegulation of the Phosphoproteome in Human Skeletal Muscle07/01/09- 06/30/12
- Wayne State UniversityDetroit, MichiganMUI-Regulation of the phosphoproteome in human skeletal muscle01/01/13- 12/31/13
- University of Southern CaliforniaLos Angeles, CaliforniaRegulation of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis by free fatty acids and insulin07/01/12- 06/30/15
- University of Maryland Medical SystemBaltimore, MarylandFunctional annotation of type 2 diabetes associated lociType 2 diabetes01/01/13- 12/31/14
- Columbia University Medical CenterNew York, New YorkModel of maternal obesity to study effects on developing hypothalamic circuits that promote obesity in progeny and re-programming these adverse outcomes in young mice07/01/11- 06/30/14
- University of PittsburghPittsburgh, PennsylvaniaRedesigning diabetes care delivery in primary care using medication algorithmsType 2 diabetes01/01/12- 12/31/14
- SUNY- University of BuffaloBuffalo, New YorkMolecular mechanisms for diabetic retinopathy07/01/11- 06/30/14
- University of MichiganAnn Arbor, MichiganGastric Fuel Sensing and Energy Metabolism01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Baylor College of MedcineHouston, TexasSatellite cell dysfunction and muscle atrophy in diabetes01/01/11- 12/31/13
- University of Illinois at ChicagoRockford, IllinoisObesity-induced autoimmune T cells07/01/11- 06/30/13
- College of Staten Island, City University of New YorkStaten Island, New YorkMolecularly imprinted hybrid nanogels for glucose sensing and continuous monitoring01/01/12- 12/31/14
- Texas AgriLIFE ResearchCollege Station, TexasmicroRNA regulation of insulin resistance: a miR-223-PPARgamma circuit regualted adipose tissue macrophage polarization01/01/13- 12/31/15
- Emory University School of MedicineAtlanta, GeorgiaHypoglycemia investigation, intervention and prevention operation (HII-PO)07/01/12- 06/30/15
Check out our parent mentor volunteer program full of parents just like you!
Become a Red Strider! Know someone with diabetes? Walk for them!
Every dollar you give can be doubled until May 15th to help Stop Diabetes!
Scroll through our calendar of EXPOs to find out when there will be one near you.
Ditch the chips! We've got recipes for eight healthy snacks you'll love to eat.
Learn what BIG discounts on auto insurance may await you.
Get motivated with our newly revised “I Hate to Exercise” book
Subscribe to our blog! It’s the best way to see what we’re up to at the Association.
If you have diabetes, join us for the ride!
Order your Diabetes Forecast® today! 25 Tips to healthy living. Click here to start.
Check out our site full of vegetarian meal planning ideas!
Find your local office to get involved in your community.
A new tool to increase the convenience of portion management
Get recipes, tips and more! Join the conversation!
Learn more about Dribble to Stop Diabetes