Diabetes is a serious problem, particularly in Indiana. It would be a difficult task to find someone who does not personally know an individual with diabetes.
Hoosiers are increasingly feeling the effects of this disease. More than 738,000 children and adults in Indiana suffer from all forms of diabetes, including type 1, type 2 and gestational. Of these, an estimated 160,000 have diabetes but don't know it. Additionally, at least 1.7 million Hoosiers are living with prediabetes, putting them at risk for type 2 diabetes in the future. Today, it is estimated that 1 in 3 children born after the year 2000 in the U.S. will develop diabetes.
We couldn't do the important local work without the leadership of our Community Leadership Board. The Board meets collectively and works together to address the various issues and opportunities pertaining to people with diabetes, to have a greater impact on the American Diabetes Association's Strategic Plan.
2019 Indiana Community Leadership Board Members include:
- Gina Apple, Department Manager Customer Service, Monarch Beverage,
- Jeff Bishop, Senior Renewals Manager, Salesforce.org,
- Matt Caffrey, Senior Director, US Diabetes Marketing Leader, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center,
- Mary A. Delaney, MS PT, CWP, Practice Leader-Population Health Strategist, Vital Incite/ LHD Benefit Advisors,
- Tracey Drzich, Area Executive Director, American Diabetes Association,
- Gregory Fox, Pharmacy Merchandiser, The Kroger Company,
- Brad Greiner, District Business Manager, Novo Nordisk Inc.,
- Tamara S. Hannon, MD (President), Endocrinologist, Assoc. Professor of Pediatrics, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health,
- George Huntley, CPA, Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer, Theoris Services,
- Jim Jones, Chief Operating Officer, Cannon IV, Inc.,
- Todd Laderach, Group Manager, Consumer Marketing, Roche Diabetes Care, Inc.,
- Corey Langston, Market Manager, Walmart,
- Susan McKinley, Planning and Performance Director, Anthem, Inc.,
- JJ Nelson, Executive Director, Delta Dental,
- Doug Sanzone (Chair), Primary Care Sales Representative II, Boehringer Ingelheim, and
- Koleki Wright, Director, Human Resource Business Partner, MHS
Indiana & Kentucky
Indianapolis, Indiana 46250