Diabetes Litigation and Daycare
Summary agreements between the U.S. Department of Justice and two of the nation's largest daycare providers require that the centers must accept children with diabetes and assist in blood glucose monitoring.
- Kindercare Agreement Press Release
- Kindercare Settlement Agreement
- La Petite Academy Press Release
- La Petite Academy Settlement Agreement
Diabetes Litigation and Camps
Summary agreements between the U.S. Department of Justice and several camps require the camps to accept children with diabetes, and to make reasonable accommodations including, but not limited to: following state procedures to train staff to administer insulin and glucagon; supervising campers while they monitor blood glucose levels, use insulin pumps, syringes, or other diabetes- related medical equipment; and monitor consumption of food.
- US Department of Justice TSI Summer Camp Press Release
- TSI Summer Camp Settlement Agreement
- US Department of Justice Raynor Country Day [Private] School Summer Camp Press Release
- Raynor Country Day School Settlement Agreement
- US Department of Justice Pine Hills Kiddie Garden Press Release
- Pine Hills Kiddie Garden Settlement agreement
- US Department of Justice Rainbow River Press Release
- Rainbow River Settlement Agreement