The community just got better!
The ADA x BT1 Collab brings together the expertise of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) with the publishing and sharing power of Beyond Type 1 (BT1) to offer information and programs to the diabetes community—including people with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and their caregivers.
The Collab online community will continue to serve your interests, and is a familiar place where you can share, connect, learn, and engage with exciting new content, and so much more. Please join to double our community impact and bring your experiences, challenges, and successes to new and old friends!
Beyond Type 2 Community
Supported by the Collab
A private space built specifically for those with type 2 to connect and engage with others through informative posts, insightful perspectives, polls, questions, and above all, community.
The Beyond Type 2 (BT2) community also offers a group specifically for Spanish-speaking users.
Beyond Type 1 Community
An online community for those with type 1 to connect directly with others who just get it.
Post questions, answer insightful polls, share tips and tricks, celebrate wins, and feel a little less alone in the Beyond Type 1 (BT1) online community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will our logins, passwords, and profiles be the same in the new community?
- Because the Collab communities are managed on an updated platform, you will need to create a new username, password, and profile when you join. Once you are there, you are warmly welcome to reconnect with your friends from the ADA community and get to know other members and new friends.
Where will I go for my patient support needs?
- The ADA blog (diabetes.org/blog) features real, user-submitted stories of how people manage their diabetes, and is broken into categories (type 1, type 2, gestational, living with complications, etc.).
- For those with type 2 diabetes, the ADA’s free, online Living With Type 2 Diabetes program will continue. You are encouraged to register for this program and take small steps to big changes.
- The ADA offers Healthy Living information and resources for all people with diabetes and their loved ones at diabetes.org/healthy-living. Be sure to sign up for timely information on topics you care about, from the latest medical breakthroughs, treatments and lifestyle tips to diabetes-friendly recipes for people living with diabetes and their families, at diabetes.org/healthylivingnews.
- For those who have questions about diabetes management, the ADA’s free Ask the Experts series provides a community where people can learn about specific topics, ask their questions, and receive answers from diabetes experts, live. Learn more at diabetes.org/experts.
- As always, the ADA’s Center For Information is here for you at 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383).
- We are grateful to our community members who have come to share their experiences and learn from one another, and we look forward to continuing that tradition in the Collab community and through our partners at BT1 and around the diabetes community. We encourage you to remain involved!