Living with Type 2 Diabetes Program
Thrive with type 2 diabetes
Created for those recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the Living With Type 2 Diabetes program offers participants an opportunity to learn about diabetes and diabetes management gradually over a 12-month period. This free program–available in English and Spanish–provides:
- Six e-booklets, each with a topic aimed to meet the participants where they are after diagnosis. E-booklet topics include:
- Food and nutrition
- Stress and emotions
- Physical activity
- Preventing diabetes complications
- Staying on track
- Monthy e-newsletter offering seasonal tips and resources to help the participant thrive with diabetes.
- Peer support through the ADA's Online Community
- Information about local community events
- Enrollees who submit their email address also receive the Healthy Living newsletter (in English)
- Additionally, enrollees who submit their phone number receive an invitation to participate in the monthly ask the Experts Q&A series, where participants can:
- Ask their diabetes-related questions to ADA experts
- Join online or on the phone
- Learn the link between diabetes and heart health
- Receive giveaways to help them thrive with diabetes.
To sign up by phone, call 1-800-DIABETES (800-342-2383).